Location: Kingswood, NSW
Date advertised: 9th November 2017
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
- Entry level ministry position
- Monday to Friday - 4 hour days preferred or Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - 7 hour days
- Generous tax concessions on offer
- Join one of the largest Christian, NFP organisations in Australia!
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit http://www.anglicare.org.au
About being a Pastoral Carer at Anglicare:
Working as part of the Life Enrichment Team at Anglicare, our Pastoral Carers are pivotal in ensuring our residents are supported as they move into care through providing comfort and confidence during this time of change.
Working with the wider chaplaincy and lifestyle team, our Pastoral Carers are an ongoing resource, assisting in meeting individual resident spiritual and emotional needs.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide spiritual and emotional support to our residents on a permanent part-time basis. Training in Pastoral Care will be provided, if necessary. On-going support and professional supervision are available.
- Ensures that all residents are respected and treated with empathy and dignity.
- New residents are well supported during entry to provide comfort and confidence.
- Ensures that there is a variety of diverse planned and responsive/spontaneous activities.
- Contributes to ensuring a holistic approach is taken to meet residents' needs.
- Ensures identification and referral of residents who could be further supported by the Chaplain.
- Contributes to the provision of support for relatives and employees in moments of need by providing pastoral care as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Previous experience in ministry or pastoral care preferred
- Embody Anglicare’s vision of reaching out, enriching lives and sharing the love of Jesus
- A passion for aged care
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated reliability and flexibility
- A current Working with Children’s Check Clearance or willingness to obtain
- Relevant training/qualifications highly regarded
- Previous experience in Aged Care desirable
This is a great opportunity to combine your pastoral carer skills with a genuine concern for the elderly and their spiritual needs and is an excellent introduction to ministry in the aged care sector.
All employees undergo a comprehensive orientation program on arrival with access to ongoing education and training opportunities to ensure that our residents receive outstanding care.
To apply, please visit: http://careers.pageuppeople.com/746/cw/en/job/495253/pastoral-carer
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.