Location: Sydney, NSW
Date advertised: 23rd December 2017
Job Type: Temporary/Contract
The Parish of Church Hill is seeking an ordained Anglican Minister willing and able to oversee and expand our Wedding Ministry for both St Philip’s Church (on York Street in Sydney’s CBD) and Holy Trinity Miller’s Point (The Garrison Church near the Rocks).
Each year we marry around 70 couples in our two beautiful and historic City Churches, and we share the good news of Jesus Christ with them through Marriage Preparation classes and church attendance.
The successful applicant would be willing and able to:
- Take weddings on many Saturdays throughout the year, as well as some weekdays
- Host wedding rehearsals on Saturdays and/or some weekdays
- Conduct Marriage Preparation courses 5 times per year for 3/4 weeks’ duration (although this could be optional)
- Coordinate ongoing missional contact with the couples
It would be a strong advantage (although not essential) if the applicant were able to attend Sunday evening services at Church Hill to meet with prospective wedding couples: 4pm at The Garrison and 6pm at St Philip’s Church.
It would be expected that the applicant would have a desire to expand and enrich the weddings ministry, particularly in the outreach to couples who don’t already attend a church.
The successful applicant will be assisted by our Wedding Administrator (Ms Kylie Hay) who would take care of all registration of weddings, handle most enquiries, and other administration.
Employment would be on a contract basis. Remuneration would be:
- $200 per wedding, including rehearsal.
- $200 per Marriage Preparation session.
Applications open until the right person is found.
Please send your application to email@example.com or to Rev. Justin Moffatt 3 York Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000.