Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 16th May 2023
Job Type: Casual
Closing Date: 6th June 2023
The Casual Caretaker plays an integral part in the smooth running of St Andrew’s Cathedral ministries, in support of the Cathedral’s mission and ministries.
St Andrew’s Cathedral is a strategic centre of gospel ministry to the people of the City of Sydney. It’s the central church of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney and the chapel of St Andrew’s Cathedral School. Public Christian church services are conducted on Sundays, most other days of the week, and on state occasions.
The Casual Caretaker is a member of the Cathedral Caretaking team and reports to the Head Caretaker as Team Leader, under the Cathedral Administrator, and ultimately to the Dean, Sandy Grant.
Casual Caretakers are used to strengthen the Caretaking team and are often rostered during the day or in the evenings (Monday – Sunday), as required. It is expected that a total of 8-16 hours per week, would be available in the first instance, for the successful applicant.
The Casual Caretaker must display Christian faith and be a member in good standing of a local church.
- To assist with property maintenance, cleaning and security.
- To assist pastoral staff with preparation of building and equipment for regular services and be available during and after regular services.
- To assist with special functions, services, concerts and meetings held in either the Cathedral or Chapter House.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised, as well as part of a team.
- Hard working with an eye for detail and willingness to take on a variety of tasks.
- Skills and experience in AV technology (or willingness to learn) is desirable.
- Cheerful nature, displaying patience, gentleness, self-control.
- A current Working with Children Check will be required prior to commencement.
A full job description can be obtained from our Administrator, Lisa Wilmshurst via firstname.lastname@example.org
To express interest, please email Lisa with your CV, detailing relevant experience, with at least 2 referees, including a minister from your church to our Administrator
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.