From GAFCON Australia: Eugenie Harris is one of a number of Gafcon supporters who are part of an Israel study tour. From the relative safety of Jerusalem, she has asked that we join in prayer:
- For those who mourn and those caring for the wounded;
- For those in authority that they may be wise in their decisions regarding military actions;
- For protection and safety of hostages and that the threatened executions do not take place;
- For soldiers fighting and trying to locate and release hostages and for comfort for their families and loved ones;
- For the safety of all innocent civilians;
- For an outpouring of compassion and supplies to provide for the needs of people impacted by the hostilities, especially the vulnerable and refugees;
- For the safety of tourists and visitors and their safe passage out of Israel;
- For many people to be prompted in seeking and finding God and the Messiah during this time of trial; and
- For a great number to put their faith in Jesus Christ alone, be covered with His grace and be reconciled to Him for eternity.
Open Doors asks for prayer for Christians in Gaza caught in the crossfire. A Palestinian Christian father writes:
We pray that love and peace will prevail in our country, and I ask for a prayer for God’s protection over my family and our home, that the war will end quickly, and that the Lord will meet all needs, especially at this time, and that we are can be the light in the middle of this total darkness and reflect the light and love of Christ in Gaza. (more)
CEO Tim Swan has written a prayer for the Middle East. Read it here.
Archbishop Kanishka Raffel
The Archbishop’s statement from Oct 8 is here.